Lead our data transformation journey and become a key member of our talented Architecture team, shaping the Society's digital data strategy and championing its adoption.
- Design architecture solutions that are in line with long-term business objectives
- Developing data management projects that move the Society closer to its future goals
- Provide technical leadership and direction for the Society's data teams
- Build effective relationships with senior technical staff and management so that there is a common understanding of goals and challenges
- Meeting with external providers, senior managers and business partners to engage in architectural requirements and analysis discussions
Key responsibilities are:
- Creating diagrams that show key data entities needed to implement solutions
- Helping to maintain the integrity and security of the Society's databases and data.
- Define database designs, logical data models and architecture models.
- Provide insight into the changing database storage and usage requirements
- Oversee migration of data from one system into another
- Support the Business Analysis function in defining functional, non-functional requirements and operational designs
- Act as an subject matter expert in chosen systems and lead changes within those systems
- Lead participation in Architecture Review Board's and other design governance forums
The skills and experience required are:
Skills & Attributes
- A good understanding of data modelling & database design
- A good understanding of architecture modelling toolkit
- A good understanding of database technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server etc.
a. Knowledge of cloud data management would be beneficial e.g. Azure, GCP, AWS
b. Understanding of data science would be beneficial
- A good understanding of data management and reporting technologies such as Business Objects, PowerBI
- High level understanding of other architecture streams such as Application, Technology and Security
- Be able to work with senior management, wider teams and business users.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Should able to work independently with minimal supervision
The job holder will:
- A minimum of 5 years of knowledge and experience within Financial Services.
- Be able to translate business data requirements to solutions.
- Have high level understanding of Security risks and issues.
- Have a knowledge and overview of the interdependencies of the financial systems, processes, procedures and policies and how they interact.
- Broad understanding of IT technical systems and techniques for application interoperability and integration. the West Brom Job Profile
- Have an overview of the technical infrastructure within which the Society's systems operate (the job holder is not expected to have a detailed technical understanding of each and every component).
- Be able to understand and work with multiple work streams and multiple system interdependencies.
- Be able to understand at a reasonable level of detail how the Society's systems operate to support the relevant business processes.
- Where appropriate, have the ability to understand complex business functions and processes.
- Be able to analyse and understand complex internal and external technical documentation e.g. Business Requirement documentation, Change Requests, Functional Specifications and Release letters.
- Contribute to the department for meeting the requirements of the Society's Risk Framework by:
? Escalating up the line any risks identified.
? Reporting any Incidents to Operational Risk and the relevant Divisional Director.
? Ensuring all controls within the department are conducted in accordance with procedure.
Vision and Values
As a mutual building society, we put our members' interests centre stage, every day, and our values play a central role in guiding what we do and how we work together to achieve this.
We have a set of 6 values, and together they explain how we go about what we do and what it means to be a part of the team here at the West Brom.
- Be Passionate
- Do it today
- Own it
- Be Real
- Better Together